After You've Been Admitted
As a Military Veteran Student
1. Get Your Student ID Number
You will receive a nine-digit “900” Student ID number in your acceptance email and letter. You can also get your student ID number from the Office of Admissions.
2. Login to the Student Hub
Visit My First Login for instructions on how to get your NetID and PIN. Then head over to the Student Hub where you will use this information to login and access web services such as student email, registration, class schedules, financial aid, and other services you may need in the future.
3. Take Accuplacer Assessment Exams
If you are required to take assessment exams (requirements are determined based on ACT/SAT scores), you must complete them before registering for Orientation. Accuplacer assessment exams are available in the Office of Testing Services.
4. Attend Orientation
5. Meet Your Advisor and Register for Classes
Students who attend an on-campus Orientation session will receive advising and register for classes at that time. Military students must meet with an academic advisor to plan their academic path.
6. Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by using MSU Denver’s school code 001360. MSU Denver also offers a variety of which are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis or based on academics, achievement and financial need.
- Undocumented and DACA students should complete the DREAMer Application for Institutional Aid (DAIA) to apply for institutional financial support.
7. Authorize the College Opportunity Fund Stipend
Colorado resident students qualify for a College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend which will pay for a portion of in-state tuition by completing the online COF application. After you register for your first semester classes, complete the one-time COF stipend authorization to have it applied to your tuition.
8. Get Your Books, Supplies, and Student ID Card
Purchase books and supplies at Tivoli Station, formerly Auraria Campus Bookstore. Secure your Student ID card in Tivoli, Room 205. Items needed: $22 (cash or credit/debit), a valid photo ID and a copy of your class schedule.
9. Pay Your Tuition
Pay tuition and fees via the Student Hub (see step 2) or at the Cashier’s Office located in the Student Success Building, Room 140, by 5 p.m. on the Friday before classes begin.
10. Review Other Requirements
- Post 9/11 GI Bill users at 100% benefit level: do not waive the health insurance as the VA will pay for it.
- Less than 100% Post 9/11 or not using Post 9/11: waive if you have alternate coverage to reduce your out of pocket costs.
Students with mental health, hearing, visual, physical, chronic health and learning disabilities are encouraged to contact the Access Center in the Plaza 122. Students are provided assistance in coordinating a full range of support services.