The Center for Individualized Learning
- Individualized Degree Program Achieve your dreams. Build a unique education on the foundations of experience and imagination. Design a major or minor to reach your educational goals. Find out more!
- Prior Learning Assessment PLA has moved to the Office of the Registrar, https://msudenver.edu/registrar. However, the Prior Learning Specialist position is vacant at this time. In the interim, the persons listed below are available to assist you regarding specific PLA needs:
- CLEP General Questions - Susan Heath (Center for Individualized Learning/303-615-0525)
- CLEP Advising - Kim VanHoosier-Carey (Center for Individualized Learning/303-615-0525)
- CLEP Testing - MSU Denver Testing Center/303-615-1700
- Credit by Exam - Melissa Miller (Registrar's Office/303-605-5573)
- Military Credit - Ted Jimenez (Veteran and Military Student Services/303-605-5589)
- Portfolio Assessment - Kim VanHoosier-Carey (Center for Individualized Learning/303-615-0525)
- General PLA Questions - Connie Sanders (Registrar's Office/303-605-5587)
- Metro Meritus - Lifelong Learning for Older Adults - Explore new directions! We welcome adults, 60 and older, to audit courses on a non-credit, space-available basis at no cost. Let us help reconnect you to the joy of learning.
Start Your Individualized Degree
View the introductory video to learn how the IDP works... then click on this link to take our quiz and test your knowledge before scheduling an appointment with an advisor.
Students interested in the Individualized Degree Program (IDP) are required to meet with an IDP Advisor.
Call 303-615-0525 to schedule an appointment.
Important Dates and Deadlines